Dragon's Dogma

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Re: Dragon's Dogma

Post by Vonman »

MisterHentai wrote:God this game is so addicting. But then most RPGs are, but in this case, blends many Capcom game elements it's just so fun to play.

It's a shame I missed out on the original game when it came out last year, but it was because I was hoping for PC version, but now that Dark Arisen version is free on Ps+ goddamn you Sony for being so awesome to get it!

So who was your "beloved" character Von when you finished your first playthrough? :lol:

I'm either thinking of just sticking to Quina for "story" purposes (She's already got high affinity to me since she blings when speaking and has an aura around her), or make the betch Madeleine......... mah betch! :lol: Off to farm some Magic Medals to "woo" her! :ggl:

Also I'm currently around Lvl 38/39 as of this posting. Same with my pawn "Minami" whom at the moment I thought to dress her up in basic :ggl: gear, even though she is a Sorcerer. :lol:
lol my first "beloved" was the Duke's wife Aelinore, the second one was Madeleine and for third (current) playthrough i plan to go with Quina :)

yeah the affinity system in this game is really weird, just be sure your "beloved" is THE LAST PERSON YOU SPOKE TO before the final battle. or else, youll end up with Caxton like one of my playthrough :? (masterworks all, you cant go wrong)

yeah this game took me by suprise too... i never thought id spent so much time on it. prolly one of the best JRPG ive ever played. theres just a certain charm to it that keeps me playing again. ill play it again sometime soon,i still need to complete Dark Arisen contents.
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

:LOL:

I best make sure it's either them two blondes then. :ggl: :snalick:

Well it is an Action RPG rather than your traditional JRPG, and just does it well with the combat.

Western RPG's may be larger in scale, especially the current Elder Scrolls games, but I personally find their combat to be quite boring in comparison.

But yeah, this game just so "Capcom" and I mean that in a good way. If you played many of their previous games, you can easily see all the influences and nuances they combined for this, and since it also came out just before Resident Evil 6, shares a couple of common things as well with regards to how it handles the AI and online features.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Me (Right) and my pawn (Left) on our way to Devilfire Grove to farm the Drake, after just farming the Golem at Tomb of The Unknown Traveller (The rocks in the background). :lol:

And as soon as I did, them sechzy Brown Laced Leggings got Dragonforged. It's this and the Leather Chestguard so far. :lol:

Honestly though, with the Rest Camp just nearby to the Drake, it's so easy to do this, especially with whatever sechzy 3 Star equipment I can get. Why the sechzy stuff have to be "low level" stuff though. :lol: :snalick:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Vonman

Post by Vonman »

its too bad the drake spawns once a week i think? which led me to often forgot my routine to farm it :lol:

i hate it when i reached there the nighttime arrives... then suddenly it pounces towards me from the dark :?
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah, but luckily that Rest Camp is nearby, is 100G to rest, and if you switch to Offline mode, it saves some time too.

The whole south western area is pretty good for the fighting the easy monsters for farming as you can circle around and back to the camp to reset it.

I mean you have the Drake, a Cyclops, Chimera, Golem and then 2 more Cyclopes.
Dank Buttsen

Vonman

Post by Vonman »

MisterHentai wrote:Yeah, but luckily that Rest Camp is nearby, is 100G to rest, and if you switch to Offline mode, it saves some time too.

The whole south western area is pretty good for the fighting the easy monsters for farming as you can circle around and back to the camp to reset it.

I mean you have the Drake, a Cyclops, Chimera, Golem and then 2 more Cyclopes.
and sexy mountain bandits? :lol:

have you been to their hideout? since ur chara are all females, they should allow you in no problem :)
(if youre a dude you'll have to wear a dress to get in. sexist mount bandits)
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Check my screenshots on the previous page. :P

But that's on the North side and I don't really need to go there that much. Already explored it though.

It's mainly the area from Bloodwater beach to Devilfire Grove that seems to be quite a good low level farming/grind spot. And the Drake being very easy to Dragonforge whatever you want.

The only sections I've not explored yet are the parts past Windbluff Tower to Bluemoon Tower (For the eventual Griffin fight), and a couple of the northern caves.
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

I just realised all this time I had my Pawn access set to Friends Only and not Anyone. :rage: :rage: :rage:

Oh well, either way I'd be lucky if my pawn even gets used at all given the game's current userbase and being late to it all. :(
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:LOL:

Just saw the voice actors for the characters too.

Madeleine is Kate Higgins, who also does the English voices for Tina and Momiji. She has plenty of prominent roles. :o
Dank Buttsen

Vonman

Post by Vonman »

... and as usual Troy Baker and Laura Bailey is in it, too! :LOL: