Dragon's Dogma

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Dragon's Dogma

Post by MisterHentai »

God this game is so addicting. But then most RPGs are, but in this case, blends many Capcom game elements it's just so fun to play.

It's a shame I missed out on the original game when it came out last year, but it was because I was hoping for PC version, but now that Dark Arisen version is free on Ps+ goddamn you Sony for being so awesome to get it!

So who was your "beloved" character Von when you finished your first playthrough? :lol:

I'm either thinking of just sticking to Quina for "story" purposes (She's already got high affinity to me since she blings when speaking and has an aura around her), or make the betch Madeleine......... mah betch! :lol: Off to farm some Magic Medals to "woo" her! :ggl:

Also I'm currently around Lvl 38/39 as of this posting. Same with my pawn "Minami" whom at the moment I thought to dress her up in basic :ggl: gear, even though she is a Sorcerer. :lol:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

I wanted Madeleine, but I ended up getting Quina :okay: Stupid affinity system :rage:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah there's quite alot of hidden mechanics in this game that are interesting, odd or just silly.

I haven't even gone to see the Duke yet and already I am farming and grinding certain things out, which is what I tend to usually do anyway since I like spending my sweet as time on it. :lol:

But yeah, I read that eventually much later on, you can get a certain item that maxes the affinity level for any NPC of your choosing, and if done correctly before a certain point, or if they haven't left the world completely or died, it should work.

I wonder if anyone has chosen a little child for :pedobear: route. It must look funny when the main Dragon comes to steal him/her. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
raidergale
Porter

Post by raidergale »

Yeah, you can complete a quest to get said item... I gave it to Madeleine, but it was useless :lol:
ssringo

Post by ssringo »

Sigh...wish I still had a PS3. Or Capcom didn't decide to cock-block PC gamers. I played DD back before I got rid of my PS3 (I only had 1 game which I had put tons of hours into).

My first 'beloved' was Asalam, the inn-keeper in Gran Soren (because you're constantly talking to the guy). After researching what the hell happened (and restarting) I went with Selene. Sure she's :pedobear: 's fantasy, but I found her more interesting/less annoying than the other characters and her story-arc is rather sweet.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah that's the thing I'm worried about, because I talk to Asslam or Caxton alot for weapons, equipment/item storage management etc, it might add towards their affinity.

But I guess it will only show and count if they have the "bling" sound and the aura around them?

Beside I tend to bump, grab or unsteath my weapon on them as much as I can to lower it. :pi:

Quina and Madeleine so far have that and I try to be careful around them.

And that Arisen's Bond item, it's doing it at the right time and must be the last "beloved" that is maxed affinity or spoken to or something as well before they get kidnapped and facing the Dragon. :?

As for Selene, I think she is legal age, and her backstory is incredibly interesting and just wow. :o
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Here are pictures of my appropriately dressed character and pawn. :lol:

In a Catacomb quest along with Oilman and Pasta-Tan's pawns.

My pawn "Minami" reequiped to look more like my main character (They are "almost" twins :P ) and voyuering a sleeping female bandit at their base. :lol:

Dank Buttsen

raidergale
Porter

Post by raidergale »

Stupid Eyra, walking away from the camera :rage:
That second screen :LOL:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

It's a pain in the ass just to get a good screenie of your pawn because they are constantly moving, even when stopping and trying to pan the camera around to get a good shot, especially their face.

I was just VERY lucky with the second one. :lol:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Well I totally failed that "Farewell Valmiro" quest since I wanted to lower his affinity by hitting him a little, only to do it so much I've killed him. Oh well, that's one dude to care less about. :LOL:

Anything for a Resbo end! :ggl:

But since I was half-way through it, as I had to collect some stupid sour meat for him :rage: , least Eyra gained a new quest knowledge for it. :lol:
Dank Buttsen