Problem trying to combine two models...

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

motherofass

Problem trying to combine two models...

Post by motherofass »

See attached pic... to the right is the original model saved with head removed, to the left is the same model saved with a new head attached.

When I attach the new head the body is still shiny, but after saving and re-opening it looks dull. Any idea what's happening? I tried copying over all the original files to the new model but it's still dull.

This is the tutorial I followed: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpos ... count=2536
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Re: Problem trying to combine two models...

Post by Love2Raid »

Yeah, I have seen this problem before, with Mortal Kombat models. :think:
You could examine the model in Notepad, just to make sure nothing funny happened to the render groups, shine values etc. But I think that the only way to solve this, is to import it in Blender and then export it again. It will look OK then.
motherofass

Post by motherofass »

Thanks for the tips, I exported the xps as obj into blender then exported that obj into xnalara, at which point it gives me various errors like 'no diffuse texture defined' 'missing normal index' etc. Should I be exporting from blender with specific settings?
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

My advice would be to export/import/export as .mesh.ascii (since .obj is static (no bones)), but maybe the people @tombraiderforums have a better idea... :eh:
motherofass

Post by motherofass »

Edit: Figured it out, nevermind :pi: