Tera Online Model Importing

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Sheepster
Custom Rank: Trickster

Tera Online Model Importing

Post by Sheepster »

So, first off, hello there :>

My first attempt, or rather second as I extracted some AC:Brotherhood models a while ago, to contributing the XNALara community is sadly a big ?.
(yes, the hair texture isn't right yet)
So far I managed to extract the files via uModel and now I have the .gpk files as .psk. Importing them to 3DS Max 2013(sadly) with the ActorX is also manageable. But now I am sort of stuck.
The models are separated into several meshes (shoes, body, hands, head, hair and for some also tails). They all are boned, some even with the full structure (e.g. the shoe part also has the bones for the entire body). I tried following Someone's tutorial on TRF when it comes to importing uModel models but the problem then is that as soon as I import the parts as .smd I either get an error with the older Blender versions like 2.49b or I get them to open sometimes in 2.66a but without any bones.
Also, nothing is textured in 2.66a though the .smd is in the same folder as the textures and they are alligned in max.

My question is now, could someone write a specific tutorial for the Tera Online models so I could import some too like rexil and Runa and contribute to this great community?
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Re: Tera Online Model Importing

Post by RoxasKennedy »

If you can load them in 3DSMax without problems, you could use an .mesh.ascii export script for 3DSMax to port them directly, or you could extract them in a format like PSK so you could open them in Blender, in case the 1st method doesn't work. :D
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
Sheepster

Post by Sheepster »

Thanks for the quick answer :>

I tried the Import Script from Mariokart but it said that there are too many bones when I first attempted it. Might just try it again just in case.

And when I open the .psk files in Blender, would the bones still be there?
I sort of made some progress now with the model as it finally managed to port with bones from 3DS Max in Blender as .smd but the texture allignments are still not carrying over so I'd probably have to do that manually?
And I guess porting each piece one by one would be easier cause importing it merged the meshes together :/
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

So is Mario's import script throwing a bone error on import of the model into 3DS? Or when you export it to mesh.ascii?
Sheepster

Post by Sheepster »

The model is imported into Max with the ActorX without any problems.
And when I try to export it with the script it says that the bonelimit is exceeded with all 4 parts of the body as most bones are there without any use for that part.
The file that the script exports is without mesh though so it is skipped in XNA. And has.. 109 bones. I know that XNALara is limited to.. 59? Something around that.
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

Can you separate the meshes in two in 3DSMax?

If you know how to do that, then you may be able to get past the limit problem.
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Sheepster wrote:The model is imported into Max with the ActorX without any problems.
And when I try to export it with the script it says that the bonelimit is exceeded with all 4 parts of the body as most bones are there without any use for that part.
The file that the script exports is without mesh though so it is skipped in XNA. And has.. 109 bones. I know that XNALara is limited to.. 59? Something around that.
I get the bone limit error with other models and I disregard it. It hasn't caused issue for the ones I worked on. You exporting to mesh.ascii, correct?

Like Roxas, said, if the bone limit is causing issues you can try splitting the mesh.

I'm a bit surprised though, that would be an issue though for importing into 2.49... :?
Sheepster

Post by Sheepster »

As long as the model is in 3DS max it is still separated into several parts. Shoes, Body, Hands, etc.
The merging happens when I import it as .smd.

Guess I will learn some more Max then
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

uh guise, wasnt there a way to use xps and then save as old mesh ascii?
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!