Error: Could not load scene

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

motherofass

Error: Could not load scene

Post by motherofass »

I've encountered this several times now in XNALara, it seems to be related to making items optional....

Ex: In a DOA5 scene with Tina and Bass I make Tina's glasses bone optional and choose to hide it, then save the scene. When I try opening it later I get the "could not load scene error" and although it loads Tina's pose she still has her glasses and Bass is completely missing

Is there any way to get my complete scene back? And is it possible to prevent the error other than hiding items *after* saving?
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: Error: Could not load scene

Post by Dazzy »

I think you have to save the model, maybe thats the reason why it doesnt load up correctly?
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Sorry to hijack your thread, but since I'm suffering from this same BS problem at the moment, almost ruining everything I've done, and I wasn't even using the Optional Items feature in this situation.

Oh and if I want to just "Reset scene"........

The hell is wrong with you POS.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Lol sth is so wrong xD I dont get how this even started lol, you were only posing and creating scenes and shiz and it just gets effed up xD
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yep, all I wanted to do is Save. And what the hell does this program want to do? Completely destroy everything I've worked on.

And now I can't even press on "Reset scene", even on a blank screen wit hthat showing up?

Great going XPS!
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

"object not set to instance of an object' f'in .NET standby error for everything... :rage:

Just grasping at straws, but are you able to load XPS, reset all of the camera parameters and then load your scene without the camera & lighting, etc options?

Something might be retained through the .cfg or something internally that perhaps it shouldn't be. :?
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Nope I get this BS too.

If I try to load something that I've done previously for example,

Now, if I start from stratch, i.e. Add model to just a blank screen, simply save it, and then load it up, it's fine.
Dank Buttsen

ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Oh did you at any point, move any of your source models around? I did that once and when loaded a scene it completely effed it up. I tried to restore based on where I though they were, but it was unrecoverable....
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Nope, I haven't touched any of my model directories.

Ever since the Save BS fiasco, it's all this nonsense for no reason.

I've had that problem before, but knew how to solve it. But this? Error when I didn't even do anything but want to Save, cannot and can't even load up my previous stuff. Sure...okay!

@motherofass

It's a good thing you've saved Tina's pose so you won't have to start from stratch. But to avoid any Optional Items related problems in the future, instead of using that to remove them, you can just move her sunglasses out of the way using both the rotate and move. You can easily move them to inside her chest. As for Bass, unfortunately I have no idea on that one. I used to encounter some problems related to that feature, but since then found a few simple workarounds without relying on it too much. It really can just feel like corrupting the entire scene and there's no turning back from it.
Dank Buttsen

motherofass

Post by motherofass »

Holy crap I didn't know you could move bones around, I thought that option was for the camera. Big thanks, I'll make good use of this feature

But what about objects without bones? Like Kunimitsu from TTT2, you can remove her mask and see her face underneath but there's no bone for the mask... It's hard to properly stage the scene with the mask on :/