Texture Error in Xps?

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

danniellahill

Texture Error in Xps?

Post by danniellahill »

hey there..

ok so ive been working on my beatrix model, the problem im having now is the textures >.<

i used Runa's boss girl model for the skirt (this one on DA) The mesh itself was in 2 parts so i joined them in blender and joined the vertex points to fix the gap when moving the bones. the texture itself looks fine in blender :/

the problem im having now is in xps the texture is messed up :S like this (just to note, the white recolor part i did myself to show the error more clearer. here is how it looks without the being recolored at all) im wondering what i need to do to fix it?

any help would be appreciated :)
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: Texture Error in Xps?

Post by thePWA »

It looks like the lightmaps. They were probably baked for two meshes and when the meshes were joined the new UV is calling just one of the lightmaps which would not look right with the combined mesh. Try baking a new lightmap with the new combined mesh and call that new lightmap image on your render group.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
danniellahill

Post by danniellahill »

ohh right ok. how would i do that?

ive never had to work with lightmaps before xDD im using blender 2.49b :)
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

danniellahill wrote:ohh right ok. how would i do that?

ive never had to work with lightmaps before xDD im using blender 2.49b :)
Nix that. I just downloaded the model and the current lightmaps are perfect. Still the combined mesh looks like its rendering an image that it shouldn't be rendering.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Did you get a so and so mesh has more than 1 material message in Blender when you exported the model? If so that's the problem. When you combined the 2 meshes, they might be using different textures. Multiple materials is supported in Blender, but not in XNALara/XPS.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

danniellahill

Post by danniellahill »

thePWA wrote:Nix that. I just downloaded the model and the current lightmaps are perfect. Still the combined mesh looks like its rendering an image that it shouldn't be rendering.
ahhh ok >.<
iheartibuki wrote:Did you get a so and so mesh has more than 1 material message in Blender when you exported the model? If so that's the problem. When you combined the 2 meshes, they might be using different textures. Multiple materials is supported in Blender, but not in XNALara/XPS.

yeah i had that error origionally, then i deleted one of the materials and i think i reloaded the UV texture in the UV window when the mesh was in edit mode to see if that changed anything which it didnt xD
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

What did you mean by nothing changed? Do you see the UVs for both meshes that you joined? When they were separate before they might have looked different. If they use the same textures then you should be able to just reassign the textures in UV edit mode, but you may have to reposition the UVs for the other mesh part if they're not joined together. If they use different textures, you can still combine the meshes but you'll have to combine the textures in PS, then reposition and resize the UVs in UV edit mode.

danniellahill

Post by danniellahill »

i mean when i readded the texture in the edit mode it still looked the same when i exported it and opened it up in xps lol

by the looks of it, both parts used the same texture, but im a little bit confused >.<

heres the .blend file that im using (i think i packed the textures in correctly lol) if itll make things easier?
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Ok I'll take a look at it tomorrow night, it's late here and I got work tomorrow. :)

danniellahill

Post by danniellahill »

alrighty ^^ thanks

im gunna have a look in blender myself, incase i notice something i did wrong or i figure it out xD