Adjusting clothes

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Joshpho

Adjusting clothes

Post by Joshpho »

Hello! I'm brand new to XNALara and 3d modelling, so you'll have to excuse me if this is a dumb question--

Is it possible to adjust the clothes on your model, or are they usually part of the model itself? For example, I'm currently playing around with this Borderlands 2 model (http://o0crofty0o.tumblr.com/post/32216 ... of-gearbox) and am wondering if adjusting the clothelines is possible.

Also, is it possible to adjust the keybindings? I'm on a laptop so the numbpad controls don't really work.
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: Adjusting clothes

Post by thePWA »

Joshpho wrote:Hello! I'm brand new to XNALara and 3d modelling, so you'll have to excuse me if this is a dumb question--

Is it possible to adjust the clothes on your model, or are they usually part of the model itself? For example, I'm currently playing around with this Borderlands 2 model (http://o0crofty0o.tumblr.com/post/32216 ... of-gearbox) and am wondering if adjusting the clothelines is possible.

Also, is it possible to adjust the keybindings? I'm on a laptop so the numbpad controls don't really work.
Majority of game models I've encountered usually don't have separate meshes for clothes so its gonna take a lot of effort adjusting them. Not saying its impossible, just saying probably gonna take a lot of work.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Re: Adjusting clothes

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Welcome, Joshpho!

To backup and elaborate on what pwa said, there will be some work involved, but sometimes creative ideas can optimize it. It'll really depend on how complex of an idea you want to make. Sometimes models of the same character can more more easily matched on account of body builds. In other cases, using clothes from one character will take some work to attach to another. In some cases like Tomb Raider, Dead or Alive or Tekken there're more options to work from and might be an easier place to start.