A Few Difficulties

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

ViperFang

A Few Difficulties

Post by ViperFang »

I'm probably the only person on this site that can't seem to get these to work, but I'd really like to know how to change the ground to another ground setup and how to get the skydomes to show up.

I tried looking for tutorials online, but nothing helped. What am I doing wrong?
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Re: A Few Difficulties

Post by ProtocolX27 »

For ground you can always overwrite the texture files as a simple fix. I'm not sure if ground is treated like an alternate mesh object. I could be wrong

Skydomes need their own folder and can be added just like a regular mesh / character, etc.

Which version of XNALara / XPS are you using?
ViperFang

Post by ViperFang »

I've tried that and it hasn't worked for me yet x_x

I'm currently using XNALara 9.7.8, I believe. At least, that what it says.
ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Yeah that should be the last XNALara version. I've seen some Skydomes not work, plus some have been made for XPS. Have you tried any different Skydomes? I'd try that first.
ViperFang

Post by ViperFang »

I did finally get two to work, but the one I REALLY wanted to work still fails. It says it's up, but it's like...invisible :/

Oh well, I guess it doesn't completely matter. I'll just have to be careful about which ones I download from here on.

And is that the latest XNALara? I thought I saw some that were supposed to be more recent, but...I stuck with this one.
ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

ViperFang wrote:I did finally get two to work, but the one I REALLY wanted to work still fails. It says it's up, but it's like...invisible :/

Oh well, I guess it doesn't completely matter. I'll just have to be careful about which ones I download from here on.

And is that the latest XNALara? I thought I saw some that were supposed to be more recent, but...I stuck with this one.
Not sure who to ask in terms of skydome's in terms of creating manipulating them. There's only one joker who tends to release a bunch.... name not synonymous with quality ... :lol:

That is last version of XNALara proper. Dusan hasn't made any updates, so the only version being updated is XPS (XNALara Posing Studio) by XNAaraL. That is in version 10.x or something like that.
ViperFang

Post by ViperFang »

Ohhh okay, that makes sense as to why I saw the version 10...whatever XD

Would you recommend me getting that, by the way? The XPS?
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Quite alot of people have switched to XPS fully, simply because it is constantly being updated and there are a couple of extra exclusive features that will never be in the old original XNALara. XPS is like an official unofficial successor. :lol:

Model compatibility might be an issue, so that's really the only thing you have to look out for. Few cases where you will see there are two versions to work for either crowd.

I've been a XPS convert for a while now. The Bloom feature is the main draw for me.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

I stuck by the old version for quite a while, but that was mostly because I had garbage build of XPS. I'm getting used to XPS, but I can also worm my way around Blender enough to get something working in XNALara if I need too, but I haven't been compelled enough to do that, now that the latest version actually works correctly. :?