Dead or Alive Series Models

Recaps for models from games!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: Dead or Alive Series Models

Post by Dazzy »

Are those files with the UV problems extracted by using the 3ds max script? And are there bones for the object?
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

TRDaz wrote:Are those files with the UV problems extracted by using the 3ds max script? And are there bones for the object?
Not sure if the cause is 3dsmax, but yes I'm extracting the objects from there and importing as *.mesh.ascii. I'm not changing any setting on the Maxscript other than to scale 2.55 (I think)

There are bones for the objects, but I've usually been deleting all accept the main one which I rename to root. I've been doing that after updating the Textures though.

There possibly could be a breakdown if I'm supposed to something with the Maxscript, or the way I reassign the textures.

I've been doing Load (existing texture file) > Select all vertices on one screen > UV / Image editor in other screen > Assign correct texture >> Bad UV >> Therefore redo

Using the Phone as an example I redid the UV on it since it was simple, but it'd be nice to avoid that if possible.
Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

If it has no bones you actually need, use the obj extracted from Noesis and import it into Blender and do your usual mesh.ascii stuff, it will add a root bone by default anyway :)
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

TRDaz wrote:If it has no bones you actually need, use the obj extracted from Noesis and import it into Blender and do your usual mesh.ascii stuff, it will add a root bone by default anyway :)
Ah, that's what Sandy was referring on a previously related subject...

So the UV is all intact that way? That didn't quite work when I imported a level, but I don't know that there wasn't something else going on with it. :?

Will try it again in a little bit.
Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

Models exported from Noesis have perfect UVs (if you press Flip UVs when exporting), I wouldnt know about levels, you may not have checked Flip UVs.
ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

TRDaz wrote:Models exported from Noesis have perfect UVs (if you press Flip UVs when exporting), I wouldnt know about levels, you may not have checked Flip UVs.
Thanks,

After having tried it a few times, yes, UV's are working perfectly. The textures / materials however I'm unable to do correctly. Essentially same question I had in the 'random question' thread. How do I correctly create / assign material / texture once I have the .obj imported? :( The process I'm using isn't cutting it. The mesh.ascii exporter keeps giving me grief when I got to export everything.
Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

Is it the error you posted in the "random question" thread? Ill take a pic and show you how to enable the UV mapping :)
ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

TRDaz wrote:Is it the error you posted in the "random question" thread? Ill take a pic and show you how to enable the UV mapping :)
Yes, thanks, :thumbup:

I don't have means of screen capping it at the moment, but the error was
It's in the Blender Console Window on Export "Skipping texture _____ (No UV Mapping)"

The steps I did are in the other thread though.
Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

Yeah, posted a pic in that thread for you, should fix it ;)
ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Thanks, got it.

I figured it'd be something simple. Hopefully now I can crank a bunch of stuff out.

Next up ... Cola Can's & Briefcases... :lol:

... or not... :XD: