Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Re: Dead or Alive Series Models

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Awesome work, once again, Gals!! :hug2:
ToxicKing

Post by ToxicKing »

I have a question? it is posible to have a scene where 2 models have different back culling setting? 1 on and the other off?

Or Kokoro will be forever alone.. Tina for example always on, or her hair broken :\
.. :ggl:
.. ... :megusta:
Arenthor

Post by Arenthor »

ooh, Sarah! In actual clothing this time :P

I think the bikinis are a little silly to be fighting in, and while the work put into porting them is great as usual, they're just... not my thing. (so no one ever has to worry about me doing terrible things with them lol)

I prefer the actual fighting outfits, that's what makes the character who they are IMO. Otherwise, it's just another girl in a bikini, you know? I am not sure if I am making sense. lol.
d19xx
Custom Rank: Lurker

Post by d19xx »

ToxicKing wrote:I have a question? it is posible to have a scene where 2 models have different back culling setting? 1 on and the other off?

Or Kokoro will be forever alone.. Tina for example always on, or her hair broken :\
I think that's possible on XPS. It's on Modify>Flags> there's a check box for Back-face and always force culling there.
ToxicKing

Post by ToxicKing »

^ That simply turn on the global back face culling in case it wasnt turn on...
Unused Chesspiece

Post by Unused Chesspiece »

^I tried it too. It does nothing, and I'm running the latest XPS version. Unless we're ticking the boxes the wrong way, the answer would be...

Just save two pics if you have models that clash with different backface/force culling settings.
d19xx
Custom Rank: Lurker

Post by d19xx »

I thought that's what it does. Since I can enable/disable individual shadows there.
ToxicKing

Post by ToxicKing »

Load Tina (make sure Tina have her back face/always culling) from that flag setting.. Remove her from scene.. Now Load Kokoro.. make sure back face culling off, always cull off from menu.. her hair should work fine .. Now if you load Tina again, Kokoro's hair will be cull off since Tina turn on the global back face culling setting on her load.
.:Someone Else:.

Post by .:Someone Else:. »

That's the problem with back-face culling...sure it removes hair doubles...but well everything else looks broken (inner clothes parts for eg) and you simply cant use it with a model whose hair doubles got manually removed...which usually ends with me removing doubles from models i haven't ported...now you know why i only rendered Lei, Pai and Sarah xD
Bye y'all, was fun while it lasted
MiddleBoss

Post by MiddleBoss »

Thanks Daz, raigergale and .:Someone:. for the latest models :). Kokoro!! :D