texture/blender question?

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

danniellahill

texture/blender question?

Post by danniellahill »

ohaidere! xD me again >.<

i hope this is a fairly easy question to answer xD

how do i make the textures for the hair not look like the block mesh? ummm how do i explain it... the transparent areas on the texture show up transparent in xps?

umm does that make more sense? ahhh its a really hard one to explain >.< lool
FigureSculptor

Re: texture/blender question?

Post by FigureSculptor »

Okay, fairly straightforward, but not that easy to describe.

If you're using Blender Internal on Blender 2.5+:

1) Turn Transparency on. This is a checkbox on the Material. With the material selected, it should be the fourth expandable section below the preview (Diffuse, Specular, Shading, Transparency)
2) Under Transparency, set Alpha to 0.0. The default is 1.0.
3) With the material still selected, Switch to the Texture tab
4) Find the texture with the alpha (transparency) data. It's usually in the diffuse, though it can be in a separate texture. Click the "Show Alpha" checkbox to find it - if you see checkerboard showing through part of the image, then the image has alpha.
5) Under "Image Sampling" (or "Image" on <2.66), make sure "Use Alpha" is checked. You might need to check the "premultiplied" checkbox or change the Alpha type from "Straight" to Premultiplied. Try both straight and premultiplied and look at the alpha - you should be able to tell which one looks right (they may both look okay, which is fine)
6) Down under the "Influence" heading, check the box labeled "Alpha" in the "Diffuse:" section. It should be right below "Color".

You should be good to go. The process for 2.49b is similar, but some of the items are in slightly different places.

If you're using Cycles Render on Blender 2.5+, you need to use a mix shader to combine the diffuse shader from the texture with a transparent shader, using the image's alpha as the "Fac" for the mix shader.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

You mean alpha layers? You have to add an alpha channel to your image and I believe anything that's solid black will appear transparent and anything white will appear opaque.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Oyikell

Post by Oyikell »

Here are two tuts that you might find useful..

http://xxximnotokayxxx.deviantart.com/a ... -182046112

http://xxximnotokayxxx.deviantart.com/a ... -310824893

http://tetsuok9999.deviantart.com/art/X ... -344852326

I don't know what version of blender are you using or what engine so.... I put these three tutorials.

Hope it helps
danniellahill

Post by danniellahill »

thanks for the help guys :D

i realised what the problem was.... i didnt realise you had to use certain numbers when you name them xD so where i was naming them like 1_Hair, it should have been 7_hair >.<

gahh im such a plum lmao