random question

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Re: random question

Post by Love2Raid »

I just use mesh.ascii for everything. :)
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

ProtocolX27 wrote: I have one in a similar vein.... I've imported .obj objects but apparently I don't know how to correctly create a UV Wrap / Material / Texture from scratch...

Every time I attempt to export to mesh.ascii I get "Skipping texture 'xyz' (No UV Mapping)

I go the Texture editor, create a new texture, load the correct .tga file and check the UV / Image editor & select the correct image. In Blender everything looks correct... overlooked setting?
http://i46.tinypic.com/28akieg.png
Do this for every material used :)
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

TRDaz wrote:
ProtocolX27 wrote: I have one in a similar vein.... I've imported .obj objects but apparently I don't know how to correctly create a UV Wrap / Material / Texture from scratch...

Every time I attempt to export to mesh.ascii I get "Skipping texture 'xyz' (No UV Mapping)

I go the Texture editor, create a new texture, load the correct .tga file and check the UV / Image editor & select the correct image. In Blender everything looks correct... overlooked setting?
http://i46.tinypic.com/28akieg.png
Do this for every material used :)
Killer!

I figured it was something simple that I didn't know how to do. Thanks :)
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Your Welcome ;D
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Runa

Post by Runa »

Love2Raid wrote:I just use mesh.ascii for everything. :)
I actually exported it as .mesh.ascii at first... but yeah, when I loaded it in XNALara all the objects came into the same place as in original O_o

Thanks Daz, gonna try that!

EDIT: It was already set like that! D:

EDIT2: Okay, I found the problem. Everything was renamed right... except the materials! :facepalm: Loading the enviroment back in Max I noticed the submaterials shared the same name (such as "material 0", like many UE static meshes) and for this reason they continued to show the same texture.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

That's weird! I only use mesh.ascii because I don't have a clue about how to work with .obj :fdat:
:P
Good to hear that the problem got solved! :thumbup:
Runa

Post by Runa »

I was quite surprise too! Usually I port enviroments as .obj files because when they are heavy the exportation in mesh.ascii tends to be infinite XD but if they are pretty small like this one I have no problems. The only issue I got this time was that the objects automatically went back to their original position... so the furnishes appeared like a crappy pile :?
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Runa

Post by Runa »

Random question: what do you guys use to bake missing normal maps? Crazybump expired and the reg key crack is not working for me, same for Run As Date. I have the Nvidia DDS plugin for Photoshop, which I often use for hair and minor things. But for bodies... meh, I need a very decent normal map and I don't know how to create it :\
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

Crofty made a really good tutorial on that over TRF, but basically you need Blender.

If you don't find it, I will write the instructions here.

Plus, there exist Trail Resetters for CrazyBump :LOL:
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
Runa

Post by Runa »

RoxasKennedy wrote:Crofty made a really good tutorial on that over TRF, but basically you need Blender.

If you don't find it, I will write the instructions here.

Plus, there exist Trail Resetters for CrazyBump :LOL:
The trial reset is that reg key I mentioned that doesn't work :LOL: tried many times, but it keeps telling me to buy a license.

And lol yeah... if someone could kindly write me a quick tutorial would be great... because TRF has so many threads and I don't think it's gonna be an easy hunt...