Blender Inquiries (Dahell does this mean?)

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Runa

Re: Blender Inquiries (Dahell does this mean?)

Post by Runa »

Is there a way to keep the mouth opened even in Edit Mode? >_> or else I can't do anything...
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Runa wrote:Is there a way to keep the mouth opened even in Edit Mode? >_> or else I can't do anything...
You could trying posing it in XNALara with the mouth open, export, and then import back into Blender, or possibly hide the vertex's that block your view in Edit mode, but I'm not sure if they show back up in weight paint.

Also you could try separating the mesh into multiple parts, hide the blocking one and then join them back together after weight painting if you find that that does the trick.
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

The question is if the vertices are really merged, or if it's a weight problem. You could pose the model in Blender (just open the jaw) and then, while it's posed, look at the weights of the lips and adjust them, if possible. If that doesn't work, it could be that they're really merged. In that case, you need to separate the upper and lower part of the lips (where the bug is), like ProtocolX27 suggested. You will still need to fix the weight painting afterwards.
Runa

Post by Runa »

I wish I had more knowledge. I am a noob with blender. Anyway, weights look like this:

The problem is that when I try to paint it doesn't work...

EDIT: In the end I found an easy way to fix it with 3DS :D the parts weren't merged together, so I could play around with the vertices and now his mouth looks fine. I have to check the other model with the same issue though... because I don't think I will be this lucky. Anyway thank you for your tips guys!
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Runa wrote: EDIT: In the end I found an easy way to fix it with 3DS :D the parts weren't merged together, so I could play around with the vertices and now his mouth looks fine. I have to check the other model with the same issue though... because I don't think I will be this lucky. Anyway thank you for your tips guys!
Cool, glad you find another way around it. :)
Runa

Post by Runa »

One of the two models with that problem looks totally fixed. The other one, OC character, is fixed... but let's say the problem appears again if I open her mouth in an uncommon way XD but I'm not gonna make weird poses and the model is only for me anyway.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Arghh! More Blender woes here:

So what the hell does this mean? I tried to export the mesh.ascii file of a model that didn't come with it from XNALara, then imported it into Blender (without an armature for some reason). I mean what's up with the importer not importing bones? I had to borrow an armature from another version of the model but I still get this error even though I parented the meshes to the armature. Help pls!

P.S. Nevermind, found my problem. 2 root bones :herp:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

xnalara doesn't support multiple skeletons?
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

semory wrote:xnalara doesn't support multiple skeletons?
Hmmm good question. The exporter sure doesn't though, lol!
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Runa

Post by Runa »

I don't think it does... plus, if you accidentally leave some bones with the same names, the model then looks like a mess XD

Anyway, what I often get in blender, is an error about missing bones. In other words, bones that seem to disappear into a black hole after the importation in blender >_>