Blender Inquiries (Dahell does this mean?)

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Re: Blender Inquiries (Dahell does this mean?)

Post by Love2Raid »

No problem! :D

Okay, I'll pray for your patient. :P

j/k
Show pictures when it's done. XD
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Love2Raid wrote:No problem! :D

Okay, I'll pray for your patient. :P

j/k
Show pictures when it's done. XD
Ha ha, will do! BTW I tried saving the blend file with the legacy mesh option checked and still same problem. I'll contact the modeler who made it and see if he can send me a version for 2.49b. Wish me luck. :)
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Ok frustration is mounting!!! :evil: Got another Blender question (2.49b): if I wanted to modify the weights of certain vertex groups, how can I mirror that in the X-axis? Same question applies to sculpting so they're symmetrical. I'd appreciate any answers you can give. :D

Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

For sculpting, you can press on the 'X' in the mirror option so that things are mirrored along the x axis. In weight painting mode, you can also hit a similar button to mirror your actions, but I think that it depends on how you have named your vertex groups. Not entirely sure, just try it. ;)

If it doesn't work, just do everything on one side, then duplicate that half and mirror it.
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Love2Raid wrote:For sculpting, you can press on the 'X' in the mirror option so that things are mirrored along the x axis. In weight painting mode, you can also hit a similar button to mirror your actions, but I think that it depends on how you have named your vertex groups. Not entirely sure, just try it. ;)

If it doesn't work, just do everything on one side, then duplicate that half and mirror it.
Thanks for your reply, Sandy. :hug2: I actually tried these before but for some reason couldn't get it to work. IIRC you need to name your vertex weights the same, then put a .l or .r extension depending on the side so you can mirror them, but they don't seem to be mirroring. For sculpting, I had to lock on the X-axis to get the mirroring to work. There's also an X-axis mirroring in mesh edit mode, but they're not exactly mirrored all the time. I do a test grab on the left leg, for example, but vertices of the right leg stay in the original position. I also try the mirror thingy but when I split the model in half so I can get the "good" half it's not exactly split in half. Oh Blender, I "love" thy quirks!

Runa

Post by Runa »

Hey guys, you know the common lips bug where upper lip is stuck to the lower one and viceversa when you open the mouth with the jaw bone? I have this problem with two models now... how could I fix it if the weight painting doesn't work? Vertex edits or something?
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Check both the upper and lower lips and make sure there aren't weight painting overlaps in both? You may need to blur from either the upper or lower lips, or maybe both. :)

Runa

Post by Runa »

Looks like the vertices are too deep into the opposite lip... because I can't reach them with the weight paint, so I probably need something else >_<
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

That's kind of an odd way of modeling. Did you try and separate loose parts to see if the jaw or part of the lip separates?

Runa

Post by Runa »

I need to try that, because so far the weight painting is not gonna work *sigh*. Certain models have that bug from default >_>