Nuances of the Fighting Genre

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Nuances of the Fighting Genre

Post by MisterHentai »

Well yeah obviously speed and pacing are totally different, but it's the process and train of thought that is generally similar.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

lol

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that dude, he just cant accept that he is crap.
Like, I accept im crap at it, and dont tell everyone that they are shit if they are better than me xD
Like seriously, "The AI removed you" fucking idiot :P
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

i wish he would trolled him more :lol: :lol:
like pick a weirds character like alex or something xDD
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Guilty Gear Xrd location test footage have come out.

Game looks great visually.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/aug/ ... n-and-may/

I wondered if anyone would've noticed today had they not revealed the character's being 3D models from the trailer.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

GG isn't my thing, but I was impressed with the initial screen shots. I wouldn't have known about the 3D had I not read them to be.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

I hope the netcode is up to stratch because that seems to be a huge problem on the PS3/360, though I've never played it online on my PS3 itself. :P

We'll see how "vastly improved netcode" goes. :lol:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222940/

I'm very tempted though, and it's nice that SNK are doing this.

Comes with the 3 DLC characters too, so a good deal i.e. the high tier Mr Karate, that you'll always see in tournaments.
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Not that I ever had a problem with GFWL, but since M$ doesn't give two shits about it anymore, looks like Capcom is transitioning to Steam with USFIV and that is a good thing.

Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil: Revelations has already worked well for them, so this is good news.

Goodbye my retail SSFIVAE! :(
Dank Buttsen

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

I'm actually getting Skullgirls and KOF13, even though I really suck at KOF. :lol: I mean, just to support developers bringing forth more fighting games to PC. I'm having fun with MK9 right now but that motherf***ing Shang Tsung.. !@#$#$%@#(%@#*%(@#$%!!!!!! He's giving me a hard time more than Goro, Kintaro and Shao Kahn combined!

Also getting the retail of Ultra for PC and PS3. And ya, I think we pretty much have to ditch the old GFWL copy (and all achievements :((() since I can't fathom Capcom porting everything existing over to Steam.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah M$ are getting rid of their Games For Windows Marketplace too, so any extra content or games you want to buy from there will no longer be possibility. Which brings it to another point, I have the retail version of SFxT, so that means I probably won't be able to buy the extra DLC characters then which will suck. The GFWL service itself will still continue though.
Dank Buttsen