Sticklove Chat Haus

Talk about whatever.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Dazzy, iheartibuki

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Sticklove Chat Haus

Post by MisterHentai »

Ummm.... their acting is quite horrendous especially when it comes to real life/live action. :lol:

Whilst I'm very used to it, their method of overacting and expressions is still quite funny, cheesy or just cringeworthy.

Voice acting in games and Anime is a whole different thing.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

every time i see crispin freeman's name on an anime it makes me want to blow chunks lol.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:lol:

Some roles I think he did a pretty decent job in, though most of them are in games.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

true story: i went to ax one year and attended this panel with crispin freeman on it. dont ask lol. it was a preview for some shitty movie where he plays some homeless guy who thinks he is a sword fighting superhero. so he goes to japan and becomes famous etc.

panel had roughly 200 seats. only 10 were filled hahaha. it was so bad i wanted to ask the fat nerdy guy sitting next to me if he would chop off my tesicles as it would be more fun lol. american anime actors really are that bad.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Thing is, some do have good voices, the problem is their tone and delivery which come always comes down to the amounts of resources and effort being put into the localisation. Most American voice actors don't actually interact with each other and record separately, therefore that is why some of it is so off and unnatural. Japan being the small country it is, and the much more prolific seiyuu industry which branches out into so many different media forms, it's no surprise they are better.
Dank Buttsen

semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

any of you guys going to ax this year? we can all hit it up as a group lol. a couple years ago i would just follow this one guy dressed like porco rosco who was going around taking pictures of all the hot chicks lololol.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Only if you pay for me to come over.

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :LOL: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Whenever there is one in London and if I have the time, I tend to go there.
Dank Buttsen

semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

funny during that one fiasco i thought you lived in irvine, cali.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

You still actually believed that? :LOL:

Yeah I still dunno WTF was going on, but then I guess that's what happens when my ISP allows for dynamic or static IPs, but still, why there of all places and how? :lol:
Dank Buttsen

RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

semory wrote:any of you guys going to ax this year? we can all hit it up as a group lol. a couple years ago i would just follow this one guy dressed like porco rosco who was going around taking pictures of all the hot chicks lololol.
I would love to.
LOVE TO.

But sadly I would probably not be able. Nor would 80% of the forum. lol
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here