Models that need Back Face Culling and models that don't

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Toynota10

Models that need Back Face Culling and models that don't

Post by Toynota10 »

There are some models that require Back Face Culling (and sometimes Always Force Culling) to appear correctly, whereas other models require you to NOT have those options checked, or else the person's face just explodes and it doesn't look right at all.

If I wanted to make a scene with models that both require and don't require Culling, is there a way to make each individual model have culling/no culling, or do I just have to bite the bullet and use different models that both meet the same requirements?
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Models that need Back Face Culling and models that don't

Post by MisterHentai »

Other than modifying the model if you have the technical knowledge to do so, from my personal experience as a regular user, you'll have to find creative ways to go about it, whether it's positioning the models at a certain place or angle.

Sometimes adding/loading in each model one at a time after saving the scenery with either the culling option on or off, exit, load back in, or even clone adding another model in place, can "randomly" work. (It's time consuming and a pain!)

Using the "Assign Background Image" or post-photoshop or other image edition manipulation is another easy way to go about it too. Especially for example both a scenery model and a character model doesn't want go well with each other. You can use the background image for the scenery and then adding/loading in the character model on top. It's a simple but cheap method.

XPS does have the "Change backface culling behaviour" in the Modify menu as well, but that can be a right pain in the butt if things go wrong or doesn't work as planned.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
SteeLisPain7

Re: Models that need Back Face Culling and models that don't

Post by SteeLisPain7 »

Usually what I do is adjust the lighting angle and it's all fixed for me.