Noesis Problems

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

VikingGirl

Noesis Problems

Post by VikingGirl »

I opened Noesis just to see how it works, but get this message: Image and when I open a model, the textures doesnt sow up... Help please ?
XNAaraL
XPS Author

Re: Noesis Problems

Post by XNAaraL »

VikingGirl wrote:I opened Noesis just to see how it works, but get this message: Image and when I open a model, the textures doesnt sow up... Help please ?
:pi: XeNTaX ÔÇó View topic - Demon's Souls .TPF :pi:
VikingGirl

Post by VikingGirl »

Thanks but unfortunately the topic you linked to doesn't show any response about the message I get from Noesis ^^"
It also doesn't respond to the texture question either. When I open a model, the textures doesn't show on the model, I don't know how to fix that ^^" It's not a game model. The textures are not packed.
XNAaraL
XPS Author

not enough information to solve your problem

Post by XNAaraL »

The error message issue: https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0529/#id15 filesystem encoding mbcs vs Unicode. Since the active code page cannot represent all Unicode characters, the conversion of a path into bytes can lose information without warning or any available indication.

The texture issue: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11844 Here's a sample -> I didn't have enough samples... But try ...

Solution: https://pragmaticmarketing.com/resource ... -questions It's All About Smart(er) Questions. What OS? What filesystem Format? What is the filesystem path to Noesis? What is the path to the model? what is the model name? Which image format has the texture? What is your culture info setting (language, codepage)? ...
Who is a sample???
Use always english names in folder path and for filename!
VikingGirl

Post by VikingGirl »

The name of the model is in english, the name of the texture elements is mat (with a number) and they're in JPG formate. The 3D file is obj with mtl or 3ds.

Can't see the sample because I'm not registred to forum.xentax.com ^^"

Edit: It seems to work with another model, but the model I tryed first had the textures separated to the 3D files and wasn't rigged, maybe that's why it didn't work ?
Anx

Post by Anx »

Are you sure running the latest Noesis version?

http://richwhitehouse.com/noesis/nms/in ... ent=readme
Version 4.33:
Special update!
- Various JPEG-2000 loader additions, including an option to preserve HDR data.

-4.0835 - FBX files on unicode paths should work now. Unless they break their widechar-UTF8 conversion in the SDK again.
Noesis TROUBLESHOOTING:
See the "Trouble!" section near the bottom of this document.
========
Trouble!
========
If something goes wrong, first try removing all of your third-party plugins. If the problems go away after removing those plugins, try adding them back one at a time. Once you find the plugin causing the problem, contact the author of that plugin and tell him/her that his/her plugin is busted.

Additionally, if your problem appears to be on export to a specific format that doesn't appear right when imported into another tool, try importing it back into Noesis. If it looks right in Noesis, there's a pretty good chance the fault is actually in the other program's importer and not Noesis's exporter. In this case, you should contact the author(s) of that other program and/or its import plugin.

If you have trouble using a plugin, such as the plugin not seeming to load or add the given format to the format list, make sure you have the latest MSVC++ 2005 runtime package installed. Runtime links are provided near the top of this document.

If Noesis is crashing on startup, try running the program with ?compat_nomemmod as an argument on the commandline. If this prevents crashing, you may have a virus on your system (as was the case in the only known crash report), or perhaps an overly-zealous antivirus solution.

If none of the above circumvents your issue, make sure you're using the latest version of Noesis. If you are, you may be looking at a genuine Noesis bug. Feel free to report your issue to me, but take care to provide plenty of detail about the circumstances, your system, and the data/game(s) you're working with. Direct replies to bug reports are not guaranteed. If I sense that you're being intentionally vague with details or that you aren't being forthcoming with data required to reproduce your issue(s), you're likely to be ignored.
VikingGirl

Post by VikingGirl »

Thank you for the help ^^
It's the Version 4.34 I have istaled. I just instaled the MSVC++ 2010 runtimes right now, I'll see if that works better. But I noticed, it's not specificly "that" formate but "that" model causing broblems. Maybe it have a little to do with the capacity of my computer too.

I'll do with what my computer want to take ;)

The only thing is that my antivirus is warning me about senderspace, so I can't download the plugin for XPS, exept if someone put in on another download site like mediafire or something.
Anx

Post by Anx »

True,
- some components and plugins for Noesis may require MSVC++ 2010 runtimes to be installed.
- older native binary plugins, which will still function with current versions of Noesis, may require 2005 runtimes.

If it's only that particular model, that causing problems, then you can send me "that" model (data), and I will check it for errors or "problematic" unicode paths.
Be aware, if you aren't being forthcoming with data (sample) required to reproduce your issue(s), you're likely to be ignored.
EDIT
VikingGirl wrote:The 3D file is obj with mtl
VikingGirl wrote: I can't download the plugin for XPS
Do I understand this correctly, that you need Noesis to port "that" model to XPS?
XPS has an OBJ loader. This loader required:
- The obj, mtl and textures (JPG), must necessarily be in the same folder.
- The name of the mtl file must be the same as the name of the obj file.
VikingGirl

Post by VikingGirl »

Fore some models, the textures are not in the same file when downloaded, that's why I put it automaticaly in the same file, but that doesn't change anything. Now if the mtl file isn't named right I'll have to rename it before trying again. So I'll look at the name files. But some models are not in obj formate. So I need to get trough a converter in some case.

For the plugin i'ts because of the download site that's get blocked by my antivirus. And when I push the download button before the site get blocked, it opens on another site, Asks me to log-in and if I try to get registred it opens on once again another site asking for personals info like the number of the bank card. It's not normal. So I don't get any furter in that. Because I see that it's probably not the true site.

Edit: I've renamed the mtl file, but the model in question says "no textures". So the broblem sems to come frome something else ^^"

The models I try doesn't comes frome games. But it seems that it works or not depending of the numer of textures, bones, meches or the space it takes. My computer is a Windows 7 32 bit. So I think I just have to stay to smaler or lowpoly models.
Anx

Post by Anx »

I would not recommend to try to download something from sendspace dot com, because
Sendspace shrugs at phishers exploiting free service

Problem With Downloading From SendSpace? This website has been reported as unsafe. The problem is that Send Space intermittently has third party advertising sites that are either malicious in terms of downloading malware to computers or unsavory in other ways such as phishing sites. Some people advocate defeating the security that is flagging the unsafe sites.

About your Noesis problem:
Because I sense that you're being intentionally vague with details and that you aren't being forthcoming with data required to reproduce your issue(s), you're will be ignored.

:ohn: So I ignore you from now on. :ohn:
:sadserah: