Nuances of the Fighting Genre

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: Nuances of the Fighting Genre

Post by iheartibuki »

Tung used to fart his genie out :LOL:

"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

I totally missed the FREE DLC at the end of the video. :LOL:

But ...... seriously ...? :LOL: :facepalm:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

desk already putting in the work with Sylvie ...... and .............. this character ....... :wtf: :LOL:

Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Desk is inhuman, :lol:

Spent quite a few hours on it last night. I reaaaally like it. Feels like I'm playing a classic fighter again. The visuals do look really nice in person. If anything, the only aspect that really makes it jarring/ not up to date is the characters' skin/face/hair etc. Clothing, textures, specular, stages, effects all look adequately modernized.

Even characters I didn't like initially like Shun'Ei & Sylvie are actually fun. Sylvie has such a random charm that I didn't expect. I almost :LOL: when I saw the back dash animation.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

The character models was to be expected ever since the day this game was revealed. They aren't exactly the best quality and still suffer from PS2 era lighting quality, but they still move and feel nice so it is a start.

Whilst links are easier to execute, I do feel like there might be a little bit of too much leniency on the way command motions work. Just more to add to the comparisons with SFIV since that had the same problem. :lol:

Also, with the updates and such to be happening that Capcom have announced at EVO, looks like they really are working on it. I'm looking at the online CFN rankings and the top placing bots are gone, but what surprises me is how Daigo's account is now 3rd in the world as of this current posting. :lol:

ESPN2's broadcast of the SFV finals also bought in over 201K viewers. Still a long ways to go compared to the big time MOBA's, but not a bad start for the fighting genre.
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

V-Skill

Kasatsushu:
Juri builds charges up and rushes at the opponent, kicking them from behind. Juri can choose to charge Kasatsushu by holding down the V-Skill command. During this charge, she can cancel Kasatsushu at any time by inputting a forward or backward dash. Additionally, she maintains her charge level after the cancel.

V-Trigger

Feng Shui Engine Type Alpha: Juri activates the Feng Shui Engine which allows her to cancel all of her standard attacks, both in the air and on the ground, into one another. In addition, each strength of her Fuharenkyaku attacks will remain in their charged state.

Critical Art

Sakkai Fuhazan:
Juri kicks out a large slicing blast towards the opponent that hits multiple times.
Looks like her CA hasn't changed then. :snathink:

Well at least it's quick and painful. :LOL:

Also it's been noted that famed artist and character creator "Akiman" will return to design costumes for his favourite thunder thigh lady. :yes: :snalick:

Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Easily the worst remixed theme thus far. :facepalm:

Too much :sonictwerk: and takes too long to even get in the her actual theme melody and motif. Way to screw over Juri even more Capcom. :fdat:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Well she's out now. :pi:

Also full version.

Still doesn't fit for the actual game, but does make for great :sonictwerk: :faphand: :sonictwerk: . :LOL:
Last edited by MisterHentai on Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dank Buttsen

jrx

Post by jrx »

Wow, that theme is really bad. It's like someone decided to take out everything that was cool about Juri's Street Fighter 4 theme and replace it with some generic sounding, repetitive samples.

:facepalm:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Make it happen N00B!

Then I would actually give a shit! :LOL:
Dank Buttsen