Moderators: ObscureMemories, Dazzy, iheartibuki

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Cinema, Film & Movies..

Post by MisterHentai »

Pfffft. I'd be more impressed if that was for an IMAX theatre. :P
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Slothy

Post by Slothy »

I still have to wait a week to see it :runcry:
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Lookin' forward to checkin' it tomorrow. No go today.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:fyea:

Now that is a very classic Sci-Fi movie poster right there!

And apparently a new trailer coming soon! :o
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

So, Godzilla (2014), it certainly met my expectations and I can easily say that it literately atomic breath :evillaugh: blows away that piece of crap 1998 movie any day. :LOL:

The way the story is told with the characters, giving it some suspense for the eventual debut of the King himself and the other monsters, the many nods and elements that are a throwback to the Toho films themselves, this is surprisingly, a "traditional" Godzilla movie. :o

Sure it has it's flaws but I still liked it, and in comparison to the first U.S version, least it's a step in the right direction for long time fans and goes back to some of it's roots.

The little boy inside me fangasmed at the ending, because you'll know it's a real Godzilla movie when he triumphs and goes back to the sea. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

d19xx
Custom Rank: Lurker

Post by d19xx »

Time for him to kick some Jaeger ass...
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

It's certainly a box office success so far, much that a sequel has been greenlight. :o
Gareth Edwards stated that he wanted Godzilla to work as a standalone film with a definitive ending, and opposed suggestions that the ending should leave the film open for a sequel. While Edwards wasn't against the possibility of future sequels, his main concern was delivering a satisfying experience with the current film; "I want a story that begins and ends, and you leave on a high. That's all we cared about when we were making this; just this film. If this film is good, the others can come, but letÔÇÖs just pay attention to this and not get sidetracked by other things."

On May 18th, 2014, after its successful opening weekend, a sequel was officially given the green light from Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures. It is unknown if Edwards, or any of the previous cast, will be returning. In an interview with Gareth Edwards said that if the film were to have a sequel that he would like to do a Destroy All Monsters-like film.
:fyea:

Given that this film has set up for even more possibilities with quite a decent origin and universe for the monsters, it could certainly be interesting.

Also it's a shame Akira Takarada got cut out in this film, so we'll have to wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray release to see his cameo. :(

d19xx wrote:Time for him to kick some Jaeger ass...
Curbstomping that's for sure. :LOL:

Even those alien Kaiju's would be nothing unless they have themselves a MechaGodzilla or King Ghidorah. :LOL:

Unitl then, Earth will be protected! :evillaugh:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Second trailer is out.

Shame Rocket Racoon doesn't have his British Cockney accent, so hopefully Bradley Cooper does a somewhat decent job for the character.

Nice gilmpse of the "Knowhere" base and more of the Nova Corps too.
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

So the next Man of Steel 2 / Batman vs Superman title was recently revealed and it shall be called...

"Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice"

Clever but also not too surprising of a title given how we know D.C/Warner Bros want to lead up to a Justice League film.

I also wonder what inspirations and influences they will take from the current New 52 continuity.

Forgot to also mention how last week there was the reveal of Batman's costume for this film after the Batmobile teaser.

Dank Buttsen

Slothy

Post by Slothy »

I'm still excited from the movie, this was easily the best Godzilla movie since the heisei/millenium ones, and... personally I'd say the best Godzilla movie ever. Without spoiling anything, they nailed every aspect of what makes a good Godzilla movie.

...OTOH if you are not a big fan of those kind of movies, don't go with big expectations or looking for another Pacific Rim, cuz this is a very different kind of experience.
d19xx wrote:Time for him to kick some Jaeger ass...
yeah, but I'd love a Gamera remake, then... Godzilla, PR and Gamera crossover! :lol: