random question

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

daventry

Re: random question

Post by daventry »

That Website doesent tell me anything, it just tells me to Download the Tools and thats it, theres no tutorial on on what to do or where to put the files in.
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

Uhm, from what I gathered, it does contain instructions, altho they require usage of Command Prompt.

If you managed to export the contents of the .tiger files, you can just easily open them with Tomb Raider DRM dump tool. You just need to point it to the location of the original .tiger files, and then open the .drm file you think is the model you want.
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

yeah, the fact that yoy need two tools working in conjunction confuses a lot of people.
daventry

Post by daventry »

Well then, write me a Tutorial by giving me the right tools and telling me what to please :)
Runa

Post by Runa »

Okay so... I don't think this is really blender related, thus I'm asking it here. I currently have a totally new problem that I don't know how to solve.
I have rigged a model in blender and exported it in mesh.ascii with only diffuses applied for easy check in XPS. Everything looked fine in both programs, but once I edit the .ascii changing the groups then the model appears in black (almost all) and blender crashes if I try to import it back. All the textures are there, render groups look perfectly fine too, with basic 24_ + 4 textures. If I try to first apply additional maps directly in blender, it crashes. I also tried to load the model in 3DS Max and for some reason the textures are applied in a wrong way (another weird thing since they looked okay in blender and XPS, so I wonder why they automatically changed) and the meshes appear in black for the second time once in XPS D: I seriously don't know what else I can do, it seems to work perfectly only with diffuses...

EDIT: I forgot to say that I don't get any error message exporting from blender... the problems appears only after I apply additional maps.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

So you manually changed the render groups in Notepad, right?

I don't know if you already did this, but did you edit this line?
24_armcloth1_0.3_0_0
1 # uv layers
4 # textures
I know how sometimes I was editing the render groups in Notepad and I would insert all the texture locations, but would forgot to edit that line from 1 to 4, then it would give me all sorts of errors.

Although I think my situation would cause the model to not be readable in any way, when you said yours is all black.
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
Runa

Post by Runa »

Yes, already checked that... everything is correct :\ the issue appears even after the exportation from Max, where I apply the textures to the slots and it automatically generates the render groups in the .ascii file...
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Runa

Post by Runa »

Okay so, I am seriously confused. Textures are applied correctly in blender, but once the model is loaded in Max, wrong maps are apply to meshes that require different textures. I also tried to save the model in obj, make a bone weight copy in case something went wrong during the previous convertion but... I still have the same problem. It's a bit better now, means that I only have one mesh with black texture... but I don't really know what else to try, I'm gonna cry T_T only diffuses work, but I can't release a model like that...
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

Strange. :think:
Could you send the model?
Runa

Post by Runa »

In the end I found out it was because of some lightmaps O___O they were somehow corrupted for a very strange reason! When I tried to add them from blender the program crashed and the model appeared half black cause XPS couldn't read them properly. The mistery...