Blender General Questions

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

The_Chronicle_GER
Custom Rank: Hunter with a dragon

Re: Blender General Questions

Post by The_Chronicle_GER »

I'm kinda stuck in Blender, since I ported all (!) the player characters from Metin2 now and some of them had a bone exclusively to the face mesh created in the porting process. I removed that bone, so that the mesh follows all the other relevant bones (spine, neck, root) - but the mesh now ONLY follows the root bone.

Am I missing something or is there a way to parent the face mesh to the other relevant bones, namely all the spine and the neck bone(s)?
ajamer

Post by ajamer »

Hi all, I am trying to get into 3D printing of game models. I've used XPS to export poses of characters I've downloaded as OBJ or STL so I can prepare them for 3d printing. I've watched a few blender 2.8 tutorials and searched and searched and cant find a nice step by step guide. I have about a week's experience with blender

I've used the XPS import tool to open in blender as I would like to add some physical texture to the meshes to give some depth to the prints. I've seen that I have to add a displacement or height map

I've read that using a program called materialize I can easily add height information from the normal map and diffusion map as seen here to export a png displacement/height map which looks great (well this is quick and dirty for testing)

Malthael starts out with flat textures when imported using XPStools in blender, which would make the 3d print look something like this

I add the texture map in Blender and connect it to the displacement node under output, change the rendering engine to cycles

Final result is not what I would expect

when I add a displacement vector

it looks even goofier

I feel like there must be something I have to set up right. I've seen tutorials mention subdivision and UV.,

If anyone can suggest a simpler way to transform a mesh with the height map I'd appreciate any help!

since posting this I realized I had to join everything prior to using the displacement/height image. The output is still just a big balloon
ajamer

Post by ajamer »

hey guys, gave up on blender, found this tutorial for photoshop that does everything in a few easy steps for 3d printing!

https://grabcad.com/tutorials/how-to-3d ... -photoshop
Aliyaa
Custom Rank: 12

Post by Aliyaa »

iheartibuki wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:28 pm It may have been the same video but the one I saw before didn't have text overlays, so the YT user might have updated it just recently. I'll give this a go tonight *crosses fingers*. Only issue I see is that it will leave faces where the mesh was split. I hope they can be separated as loose parts.

Thanks for linking me to this. :D
Hi guys
Wow, the video looks great with the new text overlays! I'm excited to try this technique tonight and see if it works for me.free fire name