organizing folders so they show preview image of the model?

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

gabrielhawk

organizing folders so they show preview image of the model?

Post by gabrielhawk »

Hey guys, does anyone know how to properly organize your folders, so they show a preview image of the models?
Several of my models have "no preview image", so I have no idea how they look like, since I have downloaded them a long while ago
Taira2032
Custom Rank: Ipsissima

Re: organizing folders so they show preview image of the mod

Post by Taira2032 »

Your folder order seems to be fine since they look like that in your Add Models menu. Basically keep your models folder in the /data folder in your XNAlara program. But to show preview, they should also have a 'prev.png' pic. Unfortunately often people forget to set one. Can be kinda annoying haha.

You can do that yourself too though so no biggie :3
Load the model, then go to File -> Save image -> ok on the setting dialog, and then navigate to the model's foder, name it 'prev' and save as png from the filetype dropdown.
Now from now on when you hover/select the model in the add models menu, you'll be seeing a preview snapshot.

(Fun fact, any image would work as long as it's called 'prev.png' lol and must be in the same folder with the model files)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.