Sticklove Fountain of Knowledge

Post your XNALara tutorials here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Runa

Re: Sticklove Fountain of Knowledge

Post by Runa »

semory wrote:it's funny cuz i load surface_057 in blender, exported to lightwave, and it looks great :D. but yeah, in blender, one polygon looks funky.

D: probably it's blender... uhm... what formats can you export from Lightwave? I'm opening Max now to see what files I can load.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

lightwave default exporters pretty much all suck.
not sure if there are some custom plugins like

http://www.clintons3d.com/tutorials/lig ... lugins.htm

that can convert to PSK? haven't tried it though.
Runa

Post by Runa »

Uhm... I have the actor X Importer that allows me to load psk files.

Other formats I could eventually try to load are:

FBX
SMD
XML

And all the other formats for static meshes and such :\
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

Lol, Clinton is into 3D now? Probably cause of all those sexy models, the perv!
Runa

Post by Runa »

@Semory: let me know if you menage to export the hair again in a format I can load in Max (like for example .psk. I don't have lightwave, so I don't know how it works). Or else I would need to find another solution in blender D: since the flipping face method is not working at all.
Runa

Post by Runa »

Question: how can I connect the vertices? If I rotate the face and then try to place the vertices correctly, the face will appear separated from the rest of the mesh... like, above it. If I keep pressing G to place them, the situation is not changing... the vertices are never into the same position.
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Runa wrote:Question: how can I connect the vertices? If I rotate the face and then try to place the vertices correctly, the face will appear separated from the rest of the mesh... like, above it. If I keep pressing G to place them, the situation is not changing... the vertices are never into the same position.
Do you want to join vertices on the mesh or the UV? UV vertice's match the source mesh so duplicates on the mesh needed to be merged in order to remove the duplicates on the UV ...

You can use Alt + M to join a pair of vertices on the mesh. :)
Runa

Post by Runa »

In other words, I had to rotate the face, but of course doing that the vertices are not in place anymore. Like the tutorial says I have to first "connect" he vertices with the other faces, then split the face as a new mesh and join everything all over again. The problem is that I can't place the vertices correctly, whatever I do they are never in place... so the face is above the rest and a hole is visible.
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Try turning the Magnet icon on, and then hit Ctrl + G when moving the vertex. This should snap it to the closest vertex that you mouse over. That should help align vertices exactly, unless I'm still missing something altogether.
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

No no, you need to make sure the wrong face is already 'loose' (what I mean is that it's connected to the mesh but comes completely loose when you select it and move it in Edit mode) BEFORE you try to fix the vertices (after rotating). The reason for this is that the face needs to have its OWN 3 vertices and not shared ones with other faces, otherwise it's not possible to do this.