Batman: Arkham Knight

Post any game models you have extracted but not ported here!

Moderators: Dazzy, iheartibuki

semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Batman: Arkham Knight

Post by semory »

oh wow, the higher poly the models are the harder they are to work with?
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Isn't there a function in Max that lowers the poly count of a model? Anyway, I've only built one paper model in my life, it's an World War I A7V German tank: :LOL:

It's a very simple 1/72 paper model where I ended up putting raised panels and curving the sponsons because they were just flat. :lol: I've since donated it to a friend (the guy who's hosting these pics) because it will just collect dust here at my place and he has a huge display/collection of model tanks anyway. I also started building a 1/72 F-18 Blue Angels Hornet back in '09, got to build the cockpit then got lazy afterwards. :lol: Very fun hobby though if you have the skills and patience. :thumbup:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Post by riccochet »

The link for Batman Beyond and DKR is the same link, I really wanna get Batman Beyond.
GameProps

Post by GameProps »

Yes there is a feature in 3DS Max that will let you reduce the polycount, but it really takes away most of the detail as well. And can sometimes distort other features. But I might give it a try with the Batman outfit. As 3d printing models with the high poly count it really makes it a bit better.
Sam_sinclair

Post by Sam_sinclair »

It seems that Showcase_Characters_Firemen only has this Chief skin for the uniform but not include the standard blue uniform and the fireman helmet
trexjones

Post by trexjones »

I'll try and dig up the others... I have a feeling it'll take a little while to get them all together though!
RobbieStark
Custom Rank: North Remembers

Post by RobbieStark »

Guys how can I open these models in Maya or 3ds Max?
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

RobbieStark wrote:Guys how can I open these models in Maya or 3ds Max?
You can't. You have to load them first in XPS, pose then export as obj. If you want to do the posing in Maya or Max you'll have to use Noesis to convert it to a format that either program supports. Note that obj files don't have any skinning/rigging.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

RobbieStark
Custom Rank: North Remembers

Post by RobbieStark »

iheartibuki wrote:
RobbieStark wrote:Guys how can I open these models in Maya or 3ds Max?
You can't. You have to load them first in XPS, pose then export as obj. If you want to do the posing in Maya or Max you'll have to use Noesis to convert it to a format that either program supports. Note that obj files don't have any skinning/rigging.
So you guys don't use the 3ds Max importer that only works for games built in UDK games? I only wanted to make sure because some people did the same with these type of file formats when Arkham Origins came out.
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

RobbieStark wrote:So you guys don't use the 3ds Max importer that only works for games built in UDK games? I only wanted to make sure because some people did the same with these type of file formats when Arkham Origins came out.
This is a XNALARA/XPS forum. We most probably use XNALARA/XPS primarily for posing and other software for object/scene rendering.
The shared files here are in psk format and should be importable with gildor's tools to max.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!