iheartibuki's n00b WIP

Post your WIP Lists here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: iheartibuki's n00b WIP

Post by Dazzy »

iheartibuki wrote:^ Thanks. I'm learning but I don't think this will become my bread and butter in the XNA world. For now it's one of those things that you try at least once so you can proudly say you've ported at least one model in your life, LOL!

Actually, no help as of now, this whole thing is basically a crapshoot for me, but all I know is:

1) I have to apply the materials manually, which I'm already having difficulty with. (Have all the diffuse and nml DDS files extracted so far, attempted to unwrap UV on one diffuse file and it looked weird)
2) I have to somehow extract the AO baked in to the OBJ.EMO file to get light maps, or maybe bake them in somehow.
3) Dunno what bone reparenting means yet (researching that now) but I probably have to reparent bones.
4) I have to X-flip the model in the end.
5) I have to name the meshes according to XNA render groups.
6) I have to rename the bones.

I'm sure I've missed many things here, and since you said "basics of SF porting" I'm sure I've missed more. I feel like I'm gonna lose the bet already, LOL! I'm sure semory's ok with us having coaches, but we do have to do the work, as in no passing of models to coaches, LOL! Otherwise it defeats the purpose. :)
Welcome :) Well some of these are actually not what you need. Are you using the base smd? Thats all?
Here is what I do:

1) Export the smd, then export the model as obj in SF4Explorer. Import both the smd and obj into Blender and bone weight copy the smd to the obj (because the smd is one whole mesh which is NOT what you want, you would have to seperate the whole thing yourself which is just... UGH!)
2) Apply all textures correctly.
3) Export as mesh.ascii and add 5_ render group to every mesh except from a transparent mesh then its 7_
4) Bake lightmaps for the model.
5) Apply all norms, specs and lights using the 24_ render group to the 5_ meshes or add the 25_ render group to the 7_ meshes.
6) Rename bones.

You do not have to reparent the bones at all because they are perfect ^^ Wait... I told you everything to do lol xD NO MORE HELP xD Loljk, I can help Steve if he needs it too xD
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

ha ha ha well, whether it's eva or evan, i think i know what to do lol... it's just a matter of finding time to doing it. i'm actually quite busy at the moment and you're way ahead of me so :P. i'm still learning blender.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

@TRDaz, thanks for the step by step instructions. :D Would the EMG OBJs load in the proper places if I import them all manually? Sounds like a lot of work. Yes, that pic I posted is based off that one SMD file, but what I did was separate all the lose parts. I checked everything and they seem to be fine, although face does not separate from the torso, so I guess not eh?

@howfie when you said Evan this is what came to mind:

LOL, anyway, time is also what I need to complete this thing. I'm supposed to be cleaning the pad today and tomorrow but so far all I've done today is check emails and chat with you guys here, LOL!
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

iheartibuki wrote:@TRDaz, thanks for the step by step instructions. :D Would the EMG OBJs load in the proper places if I import them all manually? Sounds like a lot of work. Yes, that pic I posted is based off that one SMD file, but what I did was separate all the lose parts. I checked everything and they seem to be fine, although face does not separate from the torso, so I guess not eh?
Welcome ;D You need to export the whole model as obj. Importing each EMG Obj takes too long xD Click on the model (so it loads the model up in the SF4 Explorer box) and right click > extract :) Nah, loose parts doesnt work sometimes, only works if the vertices arent merged.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

TRDaz wrote: Welcome ;D You need to export the whole model as obj. Importing each EMG Obj takes too long xD Click on the model (so it loads the model up in the SF4 Explorer box) and right click > extract :) Nah, loose parts doesnt work sometimes, only works if the vertices arent merged.
LOL, it's been a while since I used SF4Explorer (used to do retexturing back in the day) so I forgot you can export the whole obj files, oh well too late now. I got the EMG objects loaded separately, at least that would ensure I got the same number of meshes as shown in SF4Explorer. I created another scene for it so I have the whole SMD mesh on the main scene and the separated object meshes on another scene. Now time to bone weight copy. I assume there's a script for that somewhere, yes?

Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

iheartibuki wrote:
TRDaz wrote: Welcome ;D You need to export the whole model as obj. Importing each EMG Obj takes too long xD Click on the model (so it loads the model up in the SF4 Explorer box) and right click > extract :) Nah, loose parts doesnt work sometimes, only works if the vertices arent merged.
LOL, it's been a while since I used SF4Explorer (used to do retexturing back in the day) so I forgot you can export the whole obj files, oh well too late now. I got the EMG objects loaded separately, at least that would ensure I got the same number of meshes as shown in SF4Explorer. I created another scene for it so I have the whole SMD mesh on the main scene and the separated object meshes on another scene. Now time to bone weight copy. I assume there's a script for that somewhere, yes?
Oh xD
On another scene? You mean layer? You need it on the same Blender scene but have it on different layers, there is a box type thing where you click on a different one to change the layer, and then import it there. You need to change the buttons window drop down menu to scripts and go scripts > object > Bone weight copy. Change the quality to 2 and click ok. BUT you have to select all meshes and move all the meshes to the same layer ofc.
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

TRDaz wrote: Oh xD
On another scene? You mean layer? You need it on the same Blender scene but have it on different layers, there is a box type thing where you click on a different one to change the layer, and then import it there. You need to change the buttons window drop down menu to scripts and go scripts > object > Bone weight copy. Change the quality to 2 and click ok. BUT you have to select all meshes and move all the meshes to the same layer ofc.
Ah, for some reason I knew you were gonna say that. :D Ya I had the obj in another scene so I copied it to the original scene after I moved the SMD mesh + bones to layer 2. I think I'll stop here as I have some chores to do at home, we'll let howfie catch up a bit, LOL! Thanks again for all the tips! :hug:

EDIT:

Here's my current progress:

We'll let howfie catch up but give him a lil' scare. :lol: J/K of course!

semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

lol what happened to all those chores around the house???
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

you know, i'm still trying to figure out what uv layers are for lol.
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

semory wrote:lol what happened to all those chores around the house???
HEY, watch it! I've got 2 big boxes folded so far and that's BIG progress!!! LOL!
semory wrote:you know, i'm still trying to figure out what uv layers are for lol.
Hmmm, for some reason I think you're playing dumb. :D I think just when I'm about done you're gonna whip out a nice, finished model including some bonus poses. But then again, I could be paranoid. :lol: