Splitting up different expressions?

Post your requests for XNALara models here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Love2Raid

The_Chronicle_GER
Custom Rank: Hunter with a dragon

Splitting up different expressions?

Post by The_Chronicle_GER »

Maybe someone who has ported some Super Smash Bros. models in the past can help me with this problem:

I try to convert the models I still have only in SSB4 (3DS/WiiU version) from SSBU (newest entry in the series!) to XPS. There goes some credit to AJD-262 over at DeviantArt, 'cause this porter showed me this repository on GitLab where all the textures of Smash Ultimate are already converted to PNG and there's also a script for Blender which imports the model and/or animations WITHOUT having to go via 3DSMax to port. This makes the porting much faster and easier, but it still leaves me with a problem... Which is the following:

How do I split up the many different facial expressions the fighters in Smash Ultimate show while being in a fight (so that a default expression is the only visible)? The mesh already shows them splitted, but I'd like to either take all those other expressions out of the mesh at all or have them as optional items inside XPS. If there's a tutorial for that, guide me the way ;)
Anx

different expressions? XPS How to make items optional

Post by Anx »

The_Chronicle_GER wrote:Maybe someone who has ported some Super Smash Bros. models in the past can help me with this problem:

I try to convert the models I still have only in SSB4 (3DS/WiiU version) from SSBU (newest entry in the series!) to XPS. There goes some credit to AJD-262 over at DeviantArt, 'cause this porter showed me this repository on GitLab where all the textures of Smash Ultimate are already converted to PNG and there's also a script for Blender which imports the model and/or animations WITHOUT having to go via 3DSMax to port. This makes the porting much faster and easier, but it still leaves me with a problem... Which is the following:

How do I split up the many different facial expressions the fighters in Smash Ultimate show while being in a fight (so that a default expression is the only visible)? The mesh already shows them splitted, but I'd like to either take all those other expressions out of the mesh at all or have them as optional items inside XPS. If there's a tutorial for that, guide me the way ;)
:pi: :pi: :pi: --- 47 views --- and none reply --- really really ??? --- :pi: :pi: :pi:

:mrgreen: I have never ported some Super Smash Bros. models, but I can help you with this problem :lol:

There are already many tutorials about it. :ohn:
Since I'm too lazy to enter the text "XPS How to add an item to an Optional Item list" in google, I just wrote another tutorial:

XPS -- How to make items optional :high: